This a massive interschools equestrian event with 500 competitors competing over 5 days.
The reason this is urgent is that the official professional photographer has had to pull out of the event at the last minute.
We've requested 7 photographers as we'll need 3 a day to cover the event and we want people to register for the event if they can't cover all 5 days.
There is an opportunity for photographers to cover just 1 day or all 5 days but photographer numbers will be limited to 3 photographers per day.
If the event is "fully booked" and you'd like to go along please call Andy Edwards on 0401 691 686 to see if we can fit you in for a day.
Once we receive all photographers information we'll put together a roster to suit people's availability.
You must introduce yourself to the event organiser on the day, work together to get maximum coverage of the event (i.e. don't shoot the same things as another photographer) and wear the GeoSnapShot hi-vis vest so people know you're the official photographer.
There is a good opportunity to get plenty of "people" shots in the evening as there will be lots of people camping out and school kids all clustered around their school flags, etc.
If you have any questions about the details of the event please call Andy Edwards on 0401 691 686
Event Running Order
Friday 11.30 dressage main arena @ showground.
3.00pm freestyle dressage main arena
Saturday 8.00am dressage and showjumping showground
Combined training dressage racecourse
9.30 working horse challenge Masters Park
2.00pm- 7.00pm polo x main arena
8.30 6 BAR MAIN ARENA
9.30 WORKING HORSE CHALLENGE FINALS MAIN ARENA
2.00PM-7.00PM POLO X FINALS
8.00AM SHOWJUMPING MAIN ARENA
9.00 SPORTING MAIN ARENA
9.00AM DRESSAGE RACECOURSE
9.00AM WARRUMBUNGLE WAY ON xc COURSE
3.00PM TEAM BARREL RACE MAIN ARENA
HACKING MAIN ARENA
TEAM PENNING MAIN ARENA
FINAL PARADE AND MAJOR AWARDS APPROX 2.30PM
Note: Event organisers are offered up to 10 free photos from the event for their sales and marketing purposes. The Event organiser can choose the photos they need from those taken by any photographer at the event.
Notes to Photographers:
1. For the most up to date information about the event please see the event website and facebook site.
2. It is very important that you introduce yourself to the Event Organiser on the day to discuss how the day will run and any safety considerations.
3. Photographers must wear their GeoSnapShot high-visibility vests at the event.
4. The information provided including start time, location, etc. should be checked for correctness by the photographer before attending the event.
5. If you have questions about the event please contact the event organiser directly (contact details will be shared once you register for the event).
6. The photographer and event organiser are responsible for advertising that their photos are available for purchase. We highly recommend you gain a relationship with the event organiser to understand how advertising to the audience can best be achieved (i.e. through Facebook, etc.).
7. GeoSnapShot is a photographer's sales platform that anyone can use. Sales cannot be guaranteed from any event and success of sales may be influenced by photo quality and composition, time taken to upload after the event, number of competitors, and other photographers present.
8. Please watch our training videos to get the most of the event.