This is a quieter competition day than the 'normal showjumping comps, so one photographer should be able to cover it. The day consists of 2 dressage arenas running side by side, plus a showjump arena (each rider performs a dressage test of approx 5 mins, followed by a round of showjumping, on the same horse, where the scores are then combined to find the overall winner of each division). Photographers should have some experience in photographing horses, and understanding what the riders like to see in dressage photos would be a bonus. (The event organiser is very happy to liase and discuss further.) For best sales results, the photographer would jump between the dressage arenas and showjump arenas.
The day runs at a pretty relaxed pace - its not too hectic as there are not too many riders, so there will be times when there are no horses jumping (and photographer can cover the dressage).
Notes to Photographers:
1. For the most up to date information about the event please see the event website and facebook site
2. Photographers must wear their GeoSnapShot high-visibility vests at the event.
3. The information provided including start time, location, etc. should be checked for correctness by the photographer before attending the event.
4. If you have questions about the event please contact the event organiser directly (contact details will be shared once you register for the event).
5. The photographer and event organiser are responsible for advertising that their photos are available for purchase. We highly recommend you gain a relationship with the event organiser to understand how advertising to the audience can best be achieved (i.e. through facebook, etc.).
6. GeoSnapShot is a photographer's sales platform that anyone can use. Sales cannot be guaranteed from any event and success of sales may be influenced by photo quality and composition, time taken to upload after the event, number of competitors, and other photographers present.
7. Please watch our training videos to get the most of the event.