This is the largest Surf Lifesaving Carnival in NSW with over 3,000 participants and takes over Manly beach for the duration of the Australia Day weekend.
The events are run over 3 days on 27, 28 and 29 Jan and encompass all the Surf Lifesaving sports.
The hosts, Manly Surf Lifesaving Club, will be briefing all officials and volunteers at the Manly SLSC on 24 Jan at 7pm and it is requested that all photographers attend this briefing session.
Specific requirements for this event
Saturday - Manly Surf Boat Carnival
Event 2: This is the Manly Boat Carnival with 150 boats (5 people per boat). This is rowing boats that go into the surf, there is only one boat course.
You will need a great zoom lens (200mm+) to capture the action in waves.
There are 2 events on Saturday that run in parallel and therefore you cannot attend both!
2 photographers needed one for the morning and 1 for the afternoon.
Note: Event organisers are offered up to 10 free photos from the event for their sales and marketing purposes. The Event organiser can choose the photos they need from those taken by any photographer at the event.
Notes to Photographers:
1. For the most up to date information about the event please see the event website and facebook site.
2. It is very important that you introduce yourself to the Event Organiser on the day to discuss how the day will run and any safety considerations.
3. Photographers must wear their GeoSnapShot high-visibility vests at the event.
4. The information provided including start time, location, etc. should be checked for correctness by the photographer before attending the event.
5. If you have questions about the event please contact the event organiser directly (contact details will be shared once you register for the event).
6. The photographer and event organiser are responsible for advertising that their photos are available for purchase. We highly recommend you gain a relationship with the event organiser to understand how advertising to the audience can best be achieved (i.e. through Facebook, etc.).
7. GeoSnapShot is a photographer's sales platform that anyone can use. Sales cannot be guaranteed from any event and success of sales may be influenced by photo quality and composition, time taken to upload after the event, number of competitors, and other photographers present.
8. Please watch our training videos to get the most of the event.