EXPRESSSIONS OF INTEREST:
By registering for this event you are not guaranteed a place at the event you are registering your interest in attending the event. We will call you to discuss the event in more detail and select photographers based on suitability.
Successful applicants will then be rostered and managed by UniSport (the event organiser) at the event along with the other staff and volunteers.
5 or 6 photographers will be needed for the event.
It is a great opportunity to be involved in a large event shooting new sports and having fun!
You do not need to be available for all 3 days at the whole weekend to apply.
About the event:
Australian University Sport's newest event - Unibattle will be held on the Gold Coast from 15-17 May 2015. Attracting 500 students from across the country in new and alternate sports, the event is set to kick start the 2015 university sporting calendar. Teams are attending from all states as they vie to be the inaugural champion of their sport.
2015 Unibattle will deliver a dynamic event including entertainment based sports, loads of fun non-competition activities and side shows, and of course themed social nights.
This event is for university and TAFE students from Australia and Oceania region. Sports offered include Dodgeball, Floorball, Quidditch, Softball Social 7s, 3x3 Basketball and 3x3 Wheelchair Basketball.
Universities are able to enter multiple teams in each sport, however cross registrations will not be allowed given the tight time frame of competition schedules. Participants may only register for one team.
Extra competitions will be on offer to all competitors across the weekend including: King/Queen of the Court (1on1 Basketball), Slam Dunk Contest, plus much more.
Note: Event organisers are offered up to 10 free photos from the event for their sales and marketing purposes. The Event organiser can choose the photos they need from those taken by any photographer at the event.
Notes to Photographers:
1. For the most up to date information about the event please see the event website and facebook site.
2. It is very important that you introduce yourself to the Event Organiser on the day to discuss how the day will run and any safety considerations.
3. Photographers must wear their GeoSnapShot high-visibility vests at the event.
4. The information provided including start time, location, etc. should be checked for correctness by the photographer before attending the event.
5. If you have questions about the event please contact the event organiser directly (contact details will be shared once you register for the event).
6. The photographer and event organiser are responsible for advertising that their photos are available for purchase. We highly recommend you gain a relationship with the event organiser to understand how advertising to the audience can best be achieved (i.e. through Facebook, etc.).
7. GeoSnapShot is a photographer's sales platform that anyone can use. Sales cannot be guaranteed from any event and success of sales may be influenced by photo quality and composition, time taken to upload after the event, number of competitors, and other photographers present.
8. Please watch our training videos to get the most of the event.