Northside Riding Club 'send of year Hacking Championships (Gymkhana). There will be 4 rings running simultaneously, but generally one photographer can cover the day. This will require a fair bit of walking back and forth, around and between the rings to cover all horses/riders. Previous experience photographing horse riding is a bonus. This is not a jumping competition.
The photographer should aim to cover as many horses/riders as possible, including shots of the "work outs" (where horse/rider perform a short sequence of movements one at a time in front of the judge), as well as candid, expressive shots, and prize/award giving.
Generally these days are well attended and photo sales in the past have been very successful.
The photographer should wear their GeoSnapShot high vis vest.
Note: Event organisers are offered between 10 and 15 free photos from the event for their sales and marketing purposes. The Event organiser can choose the photos they need from those taken by any photographer at the event.
Notes to Photographers:
1. For the most up to date information about the event please see the event website and facebook site
2. Photographers must wear their GeoSnapShot high-visibility vests at the event.
3. The information provided including start time, location, etc. should be checked for correctness by the photographer before attending the event.
4. If you have questions about the event please contact the event organiser directly (contact details will be shared once you register for the event).
5. The photographer and event organiser are responsible for advertising that their photos are available for purchase. We highly recommend you gain a relationship with the event organiser to understand how advertising to the audience can best be achieved (i.e. through facebook, etc.).
6. GeoSnapShot is a photographer's sales platform that anyone can use. Sales cannot be guaranteed from any event and success of sales may be influenced by photo quality and composition, time taken to upload after the event, number of competitors, and other photographers present.
7. Please watch our training videos to get the most of the event.